YAY! The Potions and Midlife Notions Story Bundle is now live!
This bundle has a special place in my heart, as not only do I have books in it, I curated this bundle. That means I selected all the novels. I also created an anthology that goes with this bundle, the latest issue of Cutter’s Final Cut, Crones.
As an older woman, I find that I seek out stories that are told about people like me. Fortunately, there’s an entire genre of these sorts of stories. It’s called Paranormal Woman’s Fiction.
Now, a lot of these books are romances. For me, that isn’t a selling point. I much prefer for the stories I read to merely have romantic elements, and perhaps a slow building romance that occurs over several books.
So what else do you have?
All of these books focus more on the mysteries that these older women have been forced into. Or voluntarily stepped into, depending. They have resources that younger women don’t have. They don’t care as much about what other think. Instead, they get things done.
And the acts described in these books will astound and delight you.
I really enjoyed diving into this genre with both feet. It was so thrilling to me to be offered Throwing Shade by Deborah Wilde, as that had been one of the first books I’d read in the genre.
Another book that I’d already read was Jennifer Stevenson’s Coed Demon Sluts Amanda. I mean, who doesn’t want to live to the ripe old age of 98 and then get another chance at life?
There’s a lawyer thrown into the mix, with Murder Casts a Spell, which is a fun take on the legal side of things in a world where magic exists. Then there’s The Case of the Night Mark from Arizona Tape where we have a private investigator taken from her mundane life into that of magic. And even a bail bondsman, well, hunter, in Lia Davis and L.A. Boruff Bitten in the Midlife.
There are stories that take place in mythical lands, like Rebecca Shelley’s The Enchanted Hills. And then there’s Ghost of a Chance that is just as fun and chaotic as the real world.
My story follows some of the same lines, about a woman who’s entire normal existence is now upended not merely with midlife and menopause but with magic. Books one and two of this series are available as part of this storybundle, The Witch is Inn and To Scratch a Witch. These novels are exclusive to the bundle, and won’t be available until sometime next year (with the third novel in the series, Witches and Waterways already finished, and a fourth, Grilled Sand and Witches planned.)
Plus, in addition to all these great novels is a new anthology, part of the Cutter’s Final Cut series. Crones. It’s all contemporary urban fantasy with older women doing their thing. This anthology is also exclusive to the bundle.
These books should at least momentarily slate your hunger for high-quality paranormal women’s fiction. A lot of them are the first books in continuing series, so you should be able to continue reading for quite some time!
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of four books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE.
- Throwing Shade by Deborah Wilde
- Coed Demon Sluts: Amanda by Jennifer Stevenson
- The Witch is Inn by Leah R Cutter
- Murder Casts a Spell by Margaret Morse
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $20, you get all four of the regular books, plus SIX more books for a total of 10!
- To Scratch a Witch by Leah R Cutter
- The Case of the Night Mark by Arizona Tape
- Bitten in Midlife by Lia Davis & L.A. Boruff
- The Enchanted Hills by Rebecca Shelley
- Ghost of a Chance by Katie MacAlister
- Cutter’s Final Cut: Crones edited by Leah R Cutter
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): Youdecide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Doctors Without Borders!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the regular price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.