A couple of days ago, on Thursday, I came down with a really bad migraine. It was pretty obvious what had triggered it. I also knew that my hormones were kind of all over the place, and that they’d contributed to the migraine.

By late Friday, I finally felt as though I’d recovered and was back to where I’d been Thursday before the migraine. Not too bad – just lost a day or so.

Friday night, though, I woke at 1 AM in serious pain. Since the operation I’d never woken up in the middle of the night in such pain. I was experiencing all three types of pain as well: burning nerve pain, muscle aches, and deep bone pain.

It was bad enough that for the first time I ended up taking pain medication in the middle of the night. Every other time before this, I’d been able to just go to sleep and to spend the night without additional medication. Not last night.

Then this morning, I couldn’t wake up. I hadn’t slept that badly, but I had no energy.

When I finally did get up, I discovered the culprit of these strange phenomena.

My period had started.

Seriously body? WTF?

It does kind of explain why I had such a bad migraine on Thursday. My hormones really were all over the place.

It’s been three months since my last period, and four months between them before that. So my periods are definitely slowing down. Just not sure when exactly they’ll stop…

Yesterday, I did walk more than I’d walked since the operation, over 4000 steps. At first, I wasn’t sure if that was what was causing my extra pain today. I don’t think it is, though. If I look at my hands, I’m more swollen than I’ve been for a while. I think that extra swelling is putting additional pressure on my knee, which is causing it more pain.

I am not walking as much today. However, after I started walking around a little bit, getting warmed up, my body let me know that the walking felt REALLY good. Since I walked so much yesterday, I noticed a significant improvement in my walking today. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to walk more tomorrow. We’ll see how I’m feeling.

I am not pushing today. I’m still stretching, but I’m not going hard on the PT exercises. Or anything else, for that matter.

I am sitting over in the new tiny house as I write this. It’s completely, totally, delightful. I’m hoping that I’ll be doing well enough next week that I can spend more time over here, on my own. I’ve been too wobbly to feel comfortable about spending a lot of time alone before now.

I had friends who were supposed to come over and get some of the final finishing touches done on the tiny house. That wasn’t about to happen today though. Hopefully next week I’ll be in a better place and able to move forward again.

So that’s my latest update. Always a new twist to the plot here at Knee Update Central. (^_^)