I finished reading every chapter of the third novel out loud, as well as incorporating the changes this morning.
I’ve already put the first novel through this process. Which means I only have the second novel to do this to. If I can continue at this pace, that is, a chapter a day, I will finish the rewrite of the second novel by May 3rd. (Just 15 more days. I can do this.) I can’t believe that I’m almost finished. That I’m this close. I didn’t think I’d be anywhere near this close when I started my 100 day push.
I went back and I looked at my original plan. I think one of the things that really helped me was the iterative process I went through, following different threads, as it were. I think before I started reading out loud I had gone through all three novels five times.
While I was reading the second novel out loud, I did end up making changes to both the second and the first novels. Not a lot, but some. Enough that I’m glad I’m continuing to rewrite these novels together.
I’ve never worked this hard, this consistently, on writing before. I’m not going to stop when I finish, not quite, but I’m not going to push as hard, I believe, for at least a little while.